App Development @Mac!
Are you an industry partner interested in using any of the products or apps here? Contact Sabrina Kirby, Business Development Officer at MILO, for more information about licensing opportunities: email@example.com
Information Box Group
Important Information About Apps
App development and publication is a process that requires input from multiple campus stakeholders. The McMaster app store (Apple and Google Play) accounts are owned and administered by MILO. MILO will also review any contracts, agreements, or arrangements between researchers and app developers to ensure that researchers’ intellectual property rights are protected – in particular, researchers should retain ownership of the code in the app.
- Researcher contacts and meets with MILO with details about the application, its use, and copyright.
- Researcher completes IP Copyright Disclosure Form, MILO App Information Form, and provides any additional information needed.
- The application undergoes a privacy review with the Privacy Office (University Secretariat): firstname.lastname@example.org
- The application is referred to UTS for security testing. Please contact Miroslav Cika (email@example.com) for additional information about security testing requirements.
- MILO onboards the application onto the McMaster platform – granting developer permissions and signing assets.
- Researchers are to administer version uploads as needed to ensure security is maintained. Please see McMaster Research Data Management Services for guidance on secure storage of data collected by app.
- Researchers are to disclose any platform requirements (testing, privacy disclosures, etc.) to MILO for upload to platform.
- The application is then published to the McMaster Application Store where it is made available to the public.
- Researchers are to release relevant updates to conform with OS requirements and platform updates.
The app publication process involves several stages of documentation. All apps require the MILO Mobile Application Information Request. Like all innovations, apps also require the completion of a Copyright Disclosure form, and may also require a completed Software disclosure form. Please contact Sabrina Kirby at MILO for assistance or with any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org)