McMaster Institute for Healthier Environments
The Goal of the Institute for Healthier Environments is to facilitate, promote and publish environment and health research, and to share our expertise with the community.
- To promote research on environments and health at McMaster, across a broad spectrum of topics, including new fields, such as built environments, socio-economic effect modification and health supportive environments policy
- To leverage research funding opportunities from Tri-Council agencies, with a specific focus on the CIHR Strategic Initiative on Environments & Health
- To build research capacity in the university for agenda-setting, implementation and evaluation research with partner organizations
- To build receptor capacity in partner organizations and develop new models and institutional structures for knowledge mobilization
- To provide leadership in transformative, evidence-informed policy and action on environments and health issues
- To raise McMaster’s profile in environments and health research and knowledge mobilization locally, provincially, nationally and internationally