McMaster Centre for Disability and Work
The Centre for Research on Work Disability Policy (CRWDP) is a transdisciplinary initiative on the future of work disability policy in Canada.
Illness and disability touch most people at some point over their lifetime. Our objective is to identify how people, when disabled, can be better retained and integrated into the Canadian labour market.
Our Primary Activities
- Providing a forum for within- and cross-provincial and national dialogue on challenges and opportunities for improving the Canadian work disability policy system;
- Identifying problems and challenges associated with program coordination and complexity;
- Identifying relevant and favorable alternative approaches to system design and service provision through select comparisons with countries and small scale trials;
- Mobilizing knowledge developed within and outside of the initiative in order to inform policy; and
- Building capacity for research and knowledge mobilization on the topic of work disability policy and labour-market engagement of individuals with disabilities.