APRC Automotive Policy Research Centre
MacData promotes the engagement of researchers and students within McMaster as well as externally with industry, government and community to strengthen McMaster’s position as an international leader on all matters related to data.
MacData’s goals are to:
- Show leadership regarding best practices around data security, privacy, proprietary issues, and ethical collection and use of data. Identify, shape, and support training and experiential leaning focused on data literacy and skills needed to harness big data.
- Encourage and promote developments in data analytics, including work across and beyond campus in AI, machine learning, statistical learning, and statistics.
- Improve efficiencies related to data creation, collection, management, and transformation.
- Promote and support development of large-scale partnerships with private and public organizations.
- Run seminars, research workshops and graduate training programs on big data.
- Encourage researchers and students from diverse disciples to explore synergies that can further data science and innovation.
- Support the recruitment of talented researchers and students.