McMaster University Centre for Effective Design of Structures
APRC Automotive Policy Research Centre
The Centre assists industry in the development of cost-effective products and construction processes through sponsored and collaborative research.
The basic objective of the Centre is to link research with education to produces engineers who:
- understand durability of materials
- possess advanced analytical skills
- can identify client-specific needs
- can integrate design with the construction process
- can integrate sustainability considerations including maintenance and service life
- can include building envelope and services considerations.
The Centre will assist industry in development of cost-effective products and construction processes through sponsored and collaborative research. In addition, it is a goal of the Centre to increase recognition of the value of effective design to include optimum design, including timeliness of completion of construction. Also, the Centre will focus on practices that satisfy the need for comprehensive evaluation and documentation of design to limit extra costs, delays, compromised utility, and high operating and maintenance costs.