The following technologies are available for licensing through the McMaster Industry Liaison Office (MILO):
- Chlamydia Vaccine: These novel recombinant Chlamydial proteins, alone or in combination, are suitable immunogens for a vaccine formulation to prevent Chlamydia infections in humans
- Method for Determining Coagulation Activation in Whole Blood: Measuring coagulation activation, including thrombin generation, is useful in a number of clinical conditions. McMaster researchers have developed a novel method and class of substrates to do this using whole blood, for instance from a finger prick, using conventional fluorescence equipment
- Biomarkers of CF for Better Screening and Therapeutic Treatments: A panel of CF-specific biomarkers from blood spot extracts and sweat samples for CF screening and guide discovery of new molecular targets
- Comprehensive Antibiotic Resistance Database: A bioinformatic database of resistance genes, their products and associated phenotypes. Resource for antimicrobial resistance (AMR) surveillance in healthcare, agriculture and environmental settings
- Hybrid Cell Membrane Liposomes as Carriers for Drug Delivery: A method to efficiently purify biological cell membranes and modify membranes with synthetic lipids to create hybrid liposomes with tunable membrane properties.
- Treatment of Breast Cancer: Dronedarone is an FDA-approved drug that has shown anti-cancer activity in breast cancer cell cultures, sphere forming assays and in mice
- Plant Derived Pharmacological Chaperones for Treatment of PKU: These plant-derived natural products offer a safe, yet effective, therapeutic treatment of PKU via nutritional supplementation
- Laboratory Scores for Risk Stratification of Patients with Possible Cardiac Injury: Using important biochemical parameters to accurately determine the risk of an acute cardiovascular event or death with easy interpretation
- Biomarkers for Wound Healing:This novel technique equips wound care specialists with a powerful new diagnostic tool for assessing wound healing status and predicting healing trajectory to manage problem wounds
- Sepsis Prognostic Tool to Create Personalized Mortality Risk Profiles: A predictive algorithm for assessing personalized sepsis-related mortality risk profiles of septic patients with utility for both clinical trials and patient care
- Antibiotic Resistance Platform Assay to Measure Factor Xa Inhibitors in Blood and Plasma: The antibiotic resistance platform (ARP) can be used for both the identification of antibiotic adjuvants and for antibiotic dereplication
- Assay to Measure Factor Xa Inhibitors in Blood and Plasma: This assay can test both plasma and citrated whole blood to allow for simple, on-demand usage in hospital labs
- Laboratory Score for Predicting Cardio-Toxicity: A novel algorithm to detect risk of cardio-toxicity using a combination of easily detectible cardiac biomarkers in the blood
- Omega 3 Fatty Acid Supplementation for the Attenuation of Skeletal Muscle Disuse Atrophy : Using n-3 PUFAs to slow muscle lost during periods of immobilization with no known negative physiological side effects
- Local Infusion of Immuno-Therapeutics (LIIT): A platform technology with hydrogels that can sustain and localize antibody/protein release, relevant to a wide variety of clinical applications
- Adenovirus Spray Drying: A robust method for preparing a thermally stable adenovirus formulation, extending the possible applications of adenovirus-based vectors as thermally stable vaccines
- Novel Compounds for Reversing Β-Lactam Resistance in MRSA :Novel antimicrobial compounds of new chemical class and new mode of action for therapeutics as monotherapy or in combination with other antibiotics for reversing beta-lactam resistance in MRSA.
- Rapid Fabrication of Self-Assembled Multicellular 3D Tissue Constructs :Rapid self-assembly of multicellular 3D structures in a mold allows for the formation of robust tissue constructs of various shapes with physiologically relevant cell densities and positioning.
- 3D Bioprinting and Lamination Approach to Create Complex In Vitro Biological Models: A bioprinting on scaffold approach for creating 3D tissue models to recapitulate complex biological tissues with perfusable channels for performing in vitro assays.
- Rapid, Accurate and Sensitive Molecular Systems to detect pathogenic Candida species: A rapid, efficient and low-cost nucleic acid identification tool for pathogenic Candida in human test samples with clinical relevance, increased accuracy and reliability
Find funding and award opportunities to support your research
Find Funding and award opportunities to support your research project