The Orphan Disease Centre – 2022 MPS I Pilot Grant Program
Research Admin Offices:
One-year grants up to $150,000 (direct costs).
- Health Sciences
Internal Deadline:October 7, 2022
Sponsor Deadline:October 17, 2022
- ROADS Internal LOI Deadline - ASAP -
- ROADS Internal Draft Proposal Deadline - August 30, 2022
- ROADS Full Proposal Deadline - October 7, 2022
- Sponsor Internal Deadline - October 17, 2022
- Sponsor LOI Deadline, by 8:00 p.m. (ET) - September 6, 2022
MPS l Pilot Grant Program provides one-year grants up to $150,000 (direct costs) to develop novel treatments for MPS l. The proposed therapeutic strategies should address the unmet needs of CNS manifestations of MPS I in patients with the severe and attenuated forms of the disease. Approaches that also address the somatic manifestations of the disease including the eye, bone, connective-tissue, and heart, which are not effectively treated with enzyme replacement therapy or bone marrow transplantation are welcome.
The applicant must have a proven track record in the development of novel therapeutics that progress toward clinical applications. The applicant must demonstrate utility of the proposed therapeutic platform in MPS I animal models during the course of the grant. A second year of funding is possible but should not be incorporated into the initial application Click here for additional information regarding the MPS l Pilot Grant Program.
All individuals holding a faculty-level appointment at an academic institution or a senior scientific position at a non-profit institution or foundation are eligible to respond to this RFA.
- Pamela McIntyre, ROADS
- If applying from the Faculty of Health Sciences, unless otherwise indicated, you no longer need to send documents to HRS Intake. Your first point of contact is your assigned Senior Grants Advisor.