OCE- Voucher for Innovation and Productivity (VIP)
Research Admin Offices:
Between $20,000 and $150,000 to the post-secondary institution (minimum $20,000 per year)
1:1 cash from the Industry Partner
- Minimum 50 per cent of the 1:1 match must be spent at the post-secondary institution; remainder may be spent at the company
- Cannot be leveraged with other federal or provincial grant programs unless otherwise stated in this program guideline
- For the COVID-19 Call for Submissions, OCE will consider alternate matching requirements, for OCE funding between $20,000 and $100,000 up to Thursday, May 28, 2020.
- Natural Sciences and Engineering
Internal Deadline:May 21, 2020
Sponsor Deadline:May 28, 2020
The Voucher for Innovation and Productivity (VIP) program helps companies develop, implement and commercialize technical innovations by supporting partnerships between Ontario’s industry and publicly funded post-secondary institutions. VIP projects are intended to generate economic benefit for companies in Ontario (including job creation/retention, new revenue generation, investment attraction, cost savings, value chain development), in the short-to-medium term (e.g. within three years of project completion).
The VIP program is supported by the Government of Ontario.
When applying to the VIP program, eligible applicants can also leverage funds from several federal Co-Funding Partners, through a streamlined, single application process. Current Co-Funding Partners include:
- Principal investigator at Ontario publicly funded university/research hospital, or applied research officer at Ontario publicly funded college
- For-profit company
- Incorporated in Ontario for a minimum of two years, and five full-time equivalent (FTE) employees in Ontario
- Operations and/or R&D in Ontario with capacity to commercialize results of the project
- Utilizes unique skills/resources of post-secondary institution to meet industry innovation and commercialization needs
For support, please contact: