Momentum Grants Future Leaders in Canadian Brain Research
Research Admin Offices:
This funding opportunity is open to previous recipients of Azrieli Foundation-Brain Canada Early-Career Capacity Building Grants or Future Leaders in Canadian Brain Research Grants. It has a funding envelope of $1,000,000 CAD to support up to five grants of $200,000 over two years.
- Faculty of Science
- Health Sciences
Internal Deadline:March 12, 2024
Sponsor Deadline:March 22, 2024
- Internal - NOI - February 5, 2024
- Sponsor - Receipt of Registration - February 12, 2024
- HRS Due Date - March 8, 2024
The new Momentum Grants program aims to enable researchers to build upon their previously funded initial projects and explore new dimensions of their research with the potential to generate breakthroughs in our understanding of the brain.
- Applicants must have been previously awarded a 2018 Azrieli Foundation-Brain Canada Early-Career Capacity Building Grant or a Future Leaders in Canadian Brain Research Grant. Please note, to be eligible to apply to the Momentum Grants, the end date of the previous grant, including any no-cost extension period, must be before the expected funding start date of September 1, 2024, and the applicant must not have any overdue reporting to Brain Canada from their previous grant at this date.
- Applicants must demonstrate how the findings and/or outcomes of their initial grant led to the proposed research project; there must be a clear link and progression forward.
- Applicants must be conducting research at an eligible Canadian institution for the entire duration of the grant, and must be considered an independent researcher at their institution. Such an individual normally holds the rank of assistant, associate, or full professor; can initiate and direct their own independent lines of research as principal investigator; has full responsibility for running their laboratories; has full control of their research funds; and is permitted to supervise trainees (if applicable, as per their institution’s policy).
- Research applications may be related but cannot be identical to any other currently funded projects. It is the responsibility of the applicant to notify Brain Canada immediately should overlap arise from new funding awarded during the application and review process of this competition.
- Applicants must be able to initiate the project in September 2024 when funding is expected to begin.
- Each applicant is only eligible to apply to the Momentum Grants program up to two (2) times (i.e. two competition cycles).
For more information and how to apply, contact Virginia Viscardi, ROADS.
If applying from the Faculty of Health Sciences, unless otherwise indicated, you no longer need to send documents to HRS Intake. Your first point of contact is your assigned Senior Grants Advisor.