Research Admin Offices:
Insight Grants are valued at $7,000 to $100,000 per year over two to five years, up to a total of $400,000. Applicants may choose one of two streams when applying for an Insight Grant, depending on the amount of funding required:
- Stream A for requests between $7,000 and $100,000; or
- Stream B for requests between $100,001 and $400,000.
- Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities
Sponsor Deadline:October 15, 2020
The objective of the Insight Grant is to provide support for long-term research initiatives central to advancing knowledge. The grant enables both emerging and established scholars, individual researchers or teams in the social sciences and humanities to:
- address complex issues pertaining to individuals and societies, and
- further our collective understanding.
NEW Joint Initiative for Digital Citizen Research Canadian Heritage is partnering with SSHRC to provide research grants and research training supplements through three arms-length funding opportunities, including the SSHRC Insight Grant. The funding provides assistance to selected post secondary institution-affiliated researchers, postdoctoral scholars and students to conduct research related to online disinformation and other online harms, as well as their impact in the Canadian context. The Joint Initiative has three broad objectives:
- to promote Canadian research that will develop better understanding — based on empirical evidence — of the impacts of online disinformation in Canada, in order to better inform programs and policies;
- to build Canada’s capacity to conduct research on and related to countering online disinformation and other related online harms, specifically in the target areas described below; and
- to help foster a community of research in the digital citizenship and online disinformation space in Canada.
Additional Program Information:
For support, please contact Christina Pellegrini, Senior Advisor, ROADS.