CIHR – Team Grant: Intervention Trial in Inflammation for Chronic Conditions
Research Admin Offices:
Developmental grants of up to $20,000 per grant are available to successful applications at the Letter of Intent (LOI) stage. The total amount available at the LOI stage is $160,000, enough to fund approximately eight (8) LOIs.
- Health Sciences
Internal Deadline:February 20, 2024
Sponsor Deadline:March 6, 2024
- Internal HRS LOI Deadline - February 16, 2023
- Competitive LOI Deadline - March 2, 2023
The objectives of this funding opportunity are to:
- Utilize knowledge on shared inflammation pathways in intervention trials in humans with the objective of improving prevention or management of inflammation in people living with or at risk of developing chronic conditions.
- Equitably improve health outcomes for population subgroups that have been underrepresented in research (e.g., women, LGBTQIA/2S populations, racialized Canadians, Indigenous Peoples, pregnant people) and those across life stages (e.g., children, older adults) through proven effective evidence-based interventions to address the health effects of inflammation.
- Accelerate the mobilization of knowledge and translation of research outcomes into proven and effective solutions and interventions to benefit multiple chronic conditions through early engagement, sustained and meaningful collaboration with PWLE, KUs, inflammation researchers and researchers from other disciplines.
- Foster a high-quality, interdisciplinary training and mentoring environment to increase capacity and prepare a diverse next generation of leaders to address inflammation in chronic conditions.
If applying from the Faculty of Health Sciences, unless otherwise indicated, you no longer need to send documents to HRS Intake. Your first point of contact is your assigned Senior Grants Advisor.