CIHR – Team Grant: CIHR-JDRF Type 1 Diabetes Screening Research Consortium
Research Admin Offices:
$3,000,000 per year for up to 4 years.
- Health Sciences
Internal Deadline:February 28, 2023
Sponsor Deadline:March 14, 2023
- Registration Deadline - February 15, 2023
The specific objectives of this funding opportunity are to:
- Establish an interdisciplinary, inter-jurisdictional, and inter-sectoral National Type 1 Diabetes (T1D) Screening Research Consortium that aims to investigate the feasibility of T1D screening in the general population in Canada, building on the successes and experiences from other countries.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate research relevant to T1D screening that generates evidence to increase opportunities to identify pre-symptomatic T1D in the Canadian pediatric population, reduce the incidence of DKA at diagnosis, and improve outcomes for children and youth diagnosed with T1D, and their families.
- Support research that involves meaningful engagement with diverse stakeholders and PWLE, with particular attention to health disparities, Canada’s diverse ethnocultural population and Indigenous Peoples’ health and well-being.
- Build Canadian research capacity in the area of T1D screening.
- Maximize research impact and knowledge mobilization to inform health policy, decision making and planning; this includes the ethical, economic, legal and social aspects of T1D screening in the general population.
If applying from the Faculty of Health Sciences, unless otherwise indicated, you no longer need to send documents to HRS Intake. Your first point of contact is your assigned Senior Grants Advisor.