Cancer Research Institute (CRI) Technology Impact Award
Research Admin Offices:
Up to $200,000.
- Health Sciences
Internal Deadline:March 1, 2023
Sponsor Deadline:March 15, 2023
- HRS Internal LOI Deadline - November 1, 2022
- Sponsor LOI Deadline - November 15, 2022
- HRS Internal Full Application Deadline - March 1, 2023
- Sponsor Full Application Deadline - March 15, 2023
The Cancer Research Institute Technology Impact Award provides seed funding of up to $200,000 to be used over 12-24 months to address the gap between technology development and clinical application of cancer immunotherapies. These grants aim to encourage collaboration between technology developers and clinical cancer immunologists and to generate the proof-of-principle of a novel platform technology in bioinformatics, ex vivo or in silico modeling systems, immunological or tumor profiling instrumentation, methods, reagents and assays, or other relevant technologies that can enable clinician scientists to generate deeper insights into the mechanisms of action of effective or ineffective cancer immunotherapies.
- Applicants must hold a faculty appointment as a tenure-track assistant professor (or higher rank) at the time of award activation. If not, documentation from their institution must accompany the Letter of Intent indicating they will hold the position of assistant professor (or higher rank) by the time of award activation.
- The grant will be awarded to a scientist who describes an extraordinarily novel, yet practical research plan that is creative and technically sophisticated.
- Joint submissions from collaborators will also be considered. (The collaborators will share the award.) Each collaborator must meet the eligibility criteria.
- Selected projects that meet their 12- and 24-month milestones may be eligible for follow-on funding that will enable the established proof-of-concept technology to be developed into a methodology that improves cancer immunotherapy research worldwide.
- Letters of Intent describing the research plan will be submitted electronically by November 15.
- Selected applicants will be invited to submit a full research proposal with a submission deadline of March 15.
If applying from the Faculty of Health Sciences, unless otherwise indicated, you no longer need to send documents to HRS Intake. Your first point of contact is your assigned Senior Grants Advisor.