Canadian Lung Association: Allied Health Research Grant Awards
Research Admin Offices:
The maximum amount per grant is $400,000 per year for up to five (5) years, for a total of $2,000,000 per grant.
- Health Sciences
Internal Deadline:August 26, 2022
Sponsor Deadline:October 7, 2022
- HRS Internal Deadline - August 26, 2022
- Sponsor Registration Deadline by 4:00 p.m. (ET) - September 9, 2022
- HRS Internal Full Application Deadline - September 23, 2022
- Sponsor Full Application Deadline by 4:00 p.m. (ET) - October 7, 2022
The Canadian Lung Association Allied Health Research Grants promote research that contributes to the field of respiratory health in Canada. Studies should include research related to an applied or clinical question using quantitative or qualitative methodologies. The study may include a basic science component, but the primary questions must be applied or clinically focused.
The award is contingent upon the awardee securing at least 50% of the budget (to a maximum of $10,000) as matching funds from a supervisor, host institution or research partner
To be eligible for a Canadian Lung Association Allied Health Research Grant, the principal investigator, who is considered the principal applicant, must be:
- A Canadian citizen, permanent Canadian resident, or landed immigrant. These awards are held at Canadian institutions.
- A respiratory health professional from a recognized clinically based discipline, such as a:
- Registered nurse.
- Nurse practitioner.
- Respiratory therapist.
- Cardio-pulmonary technologist.
- Polysomnographic technologist.
- Occupational therapist.
- Social worker.
- Affiliated with a Canadian health-care organization or educational institution that is authorized to administer CIHR grant and award funds. You can find a list of authorized institutions on the CIHR website.
- Pursuing a research study with respiratory health as the major focus. Research must align with the mandate of the Canadian Lung Association.
- Able to secure matching funds for the one-year duration of the award. The applicant must include with their application a signed letter guaranteeing the matching funds for the duration of the award. For more information on the funding formula, see the submission guidelines.
- Note: MDs are not eligible as a Principal Investigator.
- Note: At the time of submission and for the duration of the award, individuals who currently hold or have held or are being supervised by individuals holding or having held funding, directly or indirectly, from the tobacco and/or cannabis industries, are not eligible.
- Applicants must register at: Registration by September 9, 2022 by 4:00 p.m. (ET). Applicants are required to provide the names of the Principal Investigator, Co-Principal Investigator, coinvestigator(s), supervisor(s), three (3) suggested reviewers, the project title, keywords, and a maximum (one) 1 page abstract of your research project. The Lung Association will confirm receipt of your registration via e-mail.
- Upload one (1) electronic copy of the application to Application by October 7, 2022 by 4:00 p.m. (ET). The electronic copy must include a completed copy of the application form with signatures and all the relevant documents. The Lung Association will confirm receipt of your application via e-mail. Please ensure that your e-mail address is included on page 1 of the application.
If applying from the Faculty of Health Sciences, unless otherwise indicated, you no longer need to send documents to HRS Intake. Your first point of contact is your assigned Senior Grants Advisor.