Canadian Institute of Health Research (CIHR) INMD Training and Community Support Grant 2022
Research Admin Offices:
The total amount available for this program in fiscal year 2022-23 is $100,000 (enough to fund approximately 2 (two) one-year grants.
- Health Sciences
Internal Deadline:September 16, 2022
Sponsor Deadline:September 30, 2022
The INMD Training and Community Support Grants are expected to develop programs that will:
- Support comprehensive training by engaging academic, non-academic and knowledge user mentors from across a variety of disciplines, sectors, and jurisdictions.
- Promote a greater understanding of emerging research and knowledge exchange approaches.
- Increase training and professional development in support of sustainable career trajectories
- Consider best practices in equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) within their respective research training environment.
The INMD Training and Community Support Grant may be used to develop and support training curriculum, training and career development meetings and events, or mentoring activities. Successful applicants be notified within 9 weeks of application submissions
To be eligible for this competition, Nominated Principal Applicants must:
- Be engaged in health research largely and directly relevant to the mandate of INMD that is currently not receiving support through the Health Research Training Platform (HRTP) Pilot Program;
- Be an independent researcher affiliated with a Canadian postsecondary institution and/or its affiliated institutions (including hospitals, research institutes and other non-profit organizations with a mandate for health research and/or knowledge translation).
- Must include three (3) co-applicants/mentors, and at least 1 Early Career Researcher from different institutions.
- Complete the Institute Community Support (ICS) application form [ PDF (626 KB)].
- Attach any relevant letters of support from co-applicants and partner organizations
- Email your application to: Christine Dhara. All emails received will be acknowledged.
- Late applications or applications with missing documents will not be accepted. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that their applications are complete and submitted by the deadline
If applying from the Faculty of Health Sciences, unless otherwise indicated, you no longer need to send documents to HRS Intake. Your first point of contact is your assigned Senior Grants Advisor.