Canadian Institute of Health Research (CIHR) Fellowship: Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program 2022-2023
Research Admin Offices:
$70,000 per year for 2 years.
- Health Sciences
Internal Deadline:September 7, 2022
Sponsor Deadline:September 21, 2022
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program provides funding to the very best postdoctoral applicants, both nationally and internationally, who will positively contribute to the country’s economic, social, and research-based growth.
The objective of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is to:
- attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally
- develop their leadership potential
- position them for success as research leaders of tomorrow
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and foreign citizens are eligible to apply, provided they meet the following conditions:
- Applicants who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution.
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who obtained their PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree from a foreign university may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution.
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who obtained their PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree from a Canadian university may hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at either a Canadian institution or an institution outside of Canada.
- Applicants to the 2022-23 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program must fulfill or have fulfilled all degree requirements for a PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree:
- Between September 15, 2019 and September 30, 2023 (inclusively).
- Before the start date of their award.
- Applicants who have not fulfilled all requirements for their degree at the time of application must submit proof no later than October 15, 2023.
- For applicants who have completed more than one PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree, the eligibility window applies to the most recent of these degrees.
- Applications must be prepared and submitted by applicants. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the application is complete. This includes ensuring that all host institution documents, and referee assessments have been submitted.
- Applicants should read the Selection committee guide prior to commencing their application. This guide lists the three evaluation criteria and has useful information on how the criteria are evaluated. Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships selection committees are multidisciplinary, and applications should therefore be written with a non-specialist research audience in mind.
- You must also review the Equity, Diversity and Inclusion page before beginning the preparation of an application.
If applying from the Faculty of Health Sciences, unless otherwise indicated, you no longer need to send documents to HRS Intake. Your first point of contact is your assigned Senior Grants Advisor.