Canadian Heritage – Call for Proposals – Digital Citizen Contribution Program
Research Admin Offices:
- Request for Proposal
- Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities
Internal Deadline:August 11, 2022
Sponsor Deadline:August 18, 2022
The Digital Citizen Contribution Program supports the priorities of the Digital Citizen Initiative by providing time-limited financial assistance for research and citizen-focused activities. The Program aims to support democracy and social inclusion in Canada by enhancing and/or supporting efforts to counter online disinformation and other online harms and threats.
- a national, provincial, territorial, municipal, Indigenous, community or professional organization, society or association which has voluntarily associated itself for a not-for-profit purpose, and which has the mandate to represent its membership or community
- a not-for-profit organization, including non-governmental or umbrella organizations, non-profit corporations, community groups, regulatory bodies or apprenticeship authorities, or associations serving the private sector
- a university or educational institution
- an individual researcher, acting in his or her personal capacity
- a research institution with an established record in relevant field(s), intending to undertake work in a Canadian context
- a for-profit Canadian and Canadian-owned institution with a record of developing and delivering programming, and performing research or related activities relevant to the goals of Canadian Heritage’s Digital Citizen Initiative, provided that the nature and the intent of the activity is noncommercial
Federal institutions, including any department, branch, office, board, agency, commission, corporation, or other entity that receives an annual appropriation from Parliament, are not eligible for funding under the Program.
Amanda Graveline, ROADS