2023 Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation (ALSF) Innovation Grant
Research Admin Offices:
A maximum of $125,000.
- Health Sciences
Internal Deadline:March 1, 2023
Sponsor Deadline:March 15, 2023
- HRS Internal LOI Deadline - September 27, 2022
- Sponsor LOI Deadline, by 8:00 p.m. (ET) - October 11, 2022
- Invitation to submit full application - January 11, 2023
- HRS Internal Final Application Deadline - March 1, 2023
- Sponsor Final Application Deadline, by 8:00 p.m. (ET) *by invitation only - March 15, 2023
ALSF is committed to creating opportunities for new and innovative research into treatments and cures for childhood cancers. The Innovation Grant is designed to provide critical and significant seed funding for researchers with a novel approach to pediatric oncology scientific investigation. Proposals should have clinical translation in view. This may represent a change in research direction and/or an innovative new idea that moves away from an investigator’s prior research but for which a strong case is made for the potential impact on childhood cancers.
- Applicant institutions must be based in the United States or Canada. Applicants need not be United States citizens. Funds must be granted to non-profit institutions or organizations.
- Applicants must have an MD, PhD, or MD/PhD or equivalent and be appointed as faculty (or equivalent) at an academic institution.
- Applicants must have a track record of publication and funding productivity that demonstrates the project can be accomplished by the investigators.
- Applicant must propose a new research direction, not a continuation of ongoing funded research.
- Applicants must not use the Internet Explorer (IE) browser as it is not compatible with the online portal. Chrome and Firefox browsers are recommended.
- To start an application, navigate to the portal at ALSFapps.
- Returning applicants: log in with your username and password.
- First time applicants: click the “New User?” link and complete your one-time registration and then login.
- After you’ve logged in, follow the directions on the dashboard to submit your application. Complete the online form with applicant contact and project information.
- Enter the Project Title first, even if it is tentative. Then Save.
- If someone other than the PI is entering information into the portal, the “Contact Person” name entered must be the PI’s name.
- The application document must be uploaded as one PDF (maximum of 20 MB).
- You may save your application to finish later. Go to ALSFapps and login again. You will land on your dashboard. Click
- “Applications” to edit your application in progress.
- Once completed, you must submit the application by clicking Review & Submit. You will see error messages for any
- required fields that need to be completed.
- After your application has been successfully submitted an email confirmation will be sent. You will not be able to amend the
- application after submission. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please contact AlexsLemonade.
If applying from the Faculty of Health Sciences, unless otherwise indicated, you no longer need to send documents to HRS Intake. Your first point of contact is your assigned Senior Grants Advisor.