Workflow for Requesting Permission to Resume On-Campus Research with Human Participants
- Submit the online form requesting approval for in-person human participant research on campus to your ADR or submit an amendment to your previously approved human participant application.
- Once approved by your ADR, submit any necessary documentation (e.g. amendment or new ethics application) to the appropriate REB for review.
An amendment should be submitted for studies that are;
- Adding in-person procedures to an approved protocol that currently only has remote participation.
- Activating in-person procedures that were approved in-principle and would be allowed once University restrictions on human participant research were lifted.
- Resuming in-person procedures that were suspended due to the University restrictions on human participant research.
- Resuming in-person procedures that have been modified due to Covid-19 precautions and guidelines.
- Resuming with different limits on confidentiality, due to the need to record participant names for potential COVID-19 tracing purposes. Such limits should be reflected in the Letter of Information.
No Phase 2 involving human participants may commence until permission is approved by both the ADR and the relevant research ethics board (MREB or HiREB).
For further MREB specific details on ethics review of on-campus research during the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit MREB COVID-19 FAQs.