Dear members of the McMaster Research Community,
It’s been a while since I’ve written as we’ve had no changes in our current status, but thought I’d send a quick note to confirm that McMaster’s Phase 2 Return to Research guidelines continue to meet the health and safety protocols under the Province’s red “control” classification.
However, the Province has recommended that non-essential travel be avoided particularly from areas of high transmission to areas of low transmission. With this in mind, all researchers who invite people to campus for research involving human participants or those conducting fieldwork should carefully consider their research plans to respect the new travel recommendations.
If you do make any temporary changes, there is no need to resubmit an updated research plan. If further restrictions are put in place by the Province and/or Hamilton Public Health Services, we will re-evaluate our research protocols and communicate any changes with you at that time.
Thank you all, again, for everything you and your research teams are doing to support our research enterprise during this pandemic – whether that’s from your lab, the field or your home office.
I hope you’re having a great fall term.
- Update from the VPR: COVID-19 (July 31, 2020)
- Update from the VPR: COVID-19 (May 22, 2020)
- Update from the VPR: COVID-19 (May 15, 2020)
- Update from the VPR: COVID-19 (May 12, 2020)
- Update from the VPR: COVID-19 (April 23, 2020)
- Update from the VPR: COVID-19 (March 20, 2020)
- Update from the VPR: COVID-19 (March 17, 2020)